This iconic dish does has many recipes, many of them old family favourites, but I made my version for our American cousins this weekend. The entire family devoured it and insisted that I remake it the following day! So don’t just make this delicious chicken dish on the Jubilee weekend, make it one of your summer staples!
Recipe for 4-5 people
- 1 Cooked chicken, with all the flesh taken off the bone and shredded, or poach 4 chicken breasts and shred when cool.
- Chop 2 large spring onions and cook in some olive oil in a med size pan until soft not brown.
- Add 1 TBSP of medium curry powder, stir in and cook for a minute.
- Leave to cool.
- Mix 250g of plain yogourt and 250g helmans mayonaise to the curry mixture and then add my secret ingredient, 1 desert spoon of marmalade, and mix.
- Mix with the shredded chicken and serve with mixed salad.
- Note: some people also like to add a TBSP of double cream and some raisins.